Monday, October 6, 2008

Mountains!

I just love going to the mountains. It has been a while since I have been there for a vacation. This weekend our church went and Philip and I were able to go with them. I thought he wanted us to have some time along together, but he invited Jesse. I was thrilled! We went to Cragmont. It's a camp that let's others stay during their off season. Our church goes every year. They continue to grow and build. We had around 35 folks from church up there. We spent most of our time with the Jacksons. We followed them up there on Thursday evening and spent the day at the Ashville Fun Depot of Friday. I think Philip and Jesse had a great time on the go-carts. It was the first time I seen Philip really smile in a while.


Jesse loved it too. She hated when they stopped. The next day we spend it around the camp (after shopping at Michaels and Gateway Christian Book store.) The kids decided they wanted to build a camp fire in the driveway. So they gathered sticks and rocks. It looks like it would work when they finished it. Too bad we didn't start a fire for them!


They also played with a flying toy. You would shot it up in the air and it would go really high and then twirl back down.



We had a great time this weekend. We can't wait to go back next time to spend time away from the daily grind and enjoy being with friends.

Also my favorite online scrapbooking class site has a new look. I think it looks great. Check it out here!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Thanks for helping us spread the word! I added you to my reader too - I didn't know you had a blog :)