Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm learning something new

I thought I would share some things that I am learning with you. I've always wondered how you could "cut" someone out of a picture to use on a layout. Well, I've been digi-scrapping for almost two years and I finally got it! I've been watching videos, taking classes, and reading tutorials with no luck! I ran across a tutorial yesterday that made sense to me. Well, added to a video I saw earlier, it all came together.
Anyway, her is a layout I did with and without the extraction. When I did this layout, I wanted to "hide" my messy house in the background, but of course I didn't know how, so everyone gets to see how messy it is! lol


Then when I was learning to extract last night, I thought of this layout and tried it. It's not perfect, but I really like the affect.

I also was reading how to change a color of something in a picture. So I had to try that too. Jesse took this picture when she was playing with Philip's camera one day. Philip has this red pull over that clashes with our furniture. (The picture is not very good, I'm still learning to take the glare off of it - but that's another tutorial!)


So I thought I would change it to blue, and wow what a difference.

So, where did I get these tutorials you might ask. Well, I was playing around looking for different digi scrap sites and was looking at where some other folks I know and I went to Ginger Scraps again. I've there a few times, but didn't stay long. Well they have a whole forum about Photo Editing Techniques and I found both of these there. There is about a years worth, so I'm slowly going through there. Check it out, you might enjoy it too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That turned out nice. If I didn't know it was red to begin with I wouldn't have known you changed it.